1. When You Can’t Open Your Eyes for Three Days
– For the past four years, Natalie Adler, 21, of Caulfield South, Melbourne, Australia, has been suffering bouts of an unusual condition where she cannot open her eyes for three days, however after the spell, she can see normally again.
“The night before it sets in, my eyes get quite heavy and that is how I know it is coming,” Adler told ABCNews.com. Invariably, the next morning Adler finds herself unable to open her tightly shut eyes.
2.The Man Who Never Gets Cold
– Wim Hof, 49, of the Netherlands, possesses such a strong resistance to cold that scientists remain baffled as to how he immersed himself, nearly naked, in ice for one hour and 12 minutes.
3. The Boy Who Couldn’t Sleep – LONG TERM INSOMNIA
– 4-year-old Rhett Lamb, who, according to his mother, “stays awake nearly 24 hours a day, he’s very irritable all of the time.”
4. The Girl Who Feels No Pain
– 8-year-old Gabby Gingras, suffers a rare condition known as hereditary sensory autonomic neuropathy, or HSAN for short. Gabby’s lack of pain sensation eventually led to the loss of all of her teeth. A badly scratched cornea forced doctors to remove her left eye, and she now wears a helmet and goggles every day to protect herself from serious injury.
5. When You Can’t Forget
– Brad Williams’ extensive memory allows him to recall almost any news event and anything he has experienced, including specific dates and even the weather. “I was sort of a human Google for my family,” the 52-year-old said.